Two former Formula 1 drivers have been hurt in separate criminal incidents, with four-time World Champion Alain Prost reportedly suffering injuries after a burglary at his home, and ex-Ferrari driver Mika Salo being stabbed in Thailand.
The Frenchman, who won the Drivers’ title in 1985, ’86, ’89 and 1993, was, according to the report by Swiss publication Blick, subjected to the break-in at his Geneva villa on Tuesday, with “family member,” reputed to be Prost, “slightly injured…in the head”.
Another family member, thought so be one of the 71-year-old’s sons, was forced to open the safe.


Alain Prost reportedly suffered a head injury in a burglary at his Geneva home, with Mika Salo stabbed in Bangkok
“The Vaud Cantonal Police immediately deployed a major search operation and notified the Public Prosecutor’s Office, which opened a criminal investigation. Investigations are continuing to identify and arrest the perpetrators,” said the Swiss Public Prosecutor’s Office, but so far, no arrests have been made.
Prost, according to the report, has since travelled to Dubai, where he owns another property.
News of the ex-McLaren, Ferrari and Williams star’s misfortune comes a day after reports that Finnish star Salo was stabbed by a passing moped rider as he crossed the road in Bangkok.
The 59-year-old, who raced most notably for Tyrrell and Toyota – as well as a six-race spell with the Scuderia in place of the injured Michael Schumacher in 1999 – told Finnish publication Ilta-Sanomat: “The doctors had to sew some muscle and then some skin on top of it.
“There are 28 stitches in total.”
Salo said that he had been informed that similar stabbings had occurred that day, adding: “Luckily this one hit my leg and not anything else.”
READ MORE – George Russell takes dominant Sprint pole position for F1 Canadian GP









Discussion about this post