Haas will be forced to “tame” Kevin Magnussen and Nico Hulkenberg in 2023, believes ex-Formula 1 driver Timo Glock.
Hulkenberg joins the US-owned squad following a handful of years on the sidelines, with Haas valuing the German driver’s experience over Mick Schumacher’s youth.
Magnussen returned to Haas in 2022, having spent several years with the outfit prior to being dropped at the conclusion of the 2020 campaign.
Haas is hopeful that the experienced line-up will boost car development and aid its push up the pecking order.
However, Glock, who scored three podiums during his F1 career, claims that both drivers will be fighting for a 2024 seat due to being out of contract at the end of the current year.
“The fact is both only have a one-year contract, so both are fighting for the cockpit,” the 40-year-old told Sky Deutschland.
“I think Guenther Steiner [Haas Team Principal] will have a task ahead of him to tame the two.”
Haas kicked off F1’s launch season on Wednesday by unveiling the livery it will run with during the 2023 campaign.
The actual VF-23 car will make its on-track debut at a Silverstone shakedown later this month.
Haas scored a handful of points throughout the 2022 campaign and ended the year eighth in the Constructors’ Championship.
However, team owner Gene Haas has backed its current line-up to be “more than capable” of collecting points on a more consistent basis this year.
“We head into a new season buoyed by some strong team performances last year and a return to points paying finishes,” he said.
“The aim for the 2023 season is naturally to do that more consistently and with Kevin Magnussen and Nico Hülkenberg I certainly believe we’ve got an experienced driver pairing more than capable of delivering those points on a Sunday.”