Red Bull Racing has announced that it has retained Sergio Perez on a two-year deal that will run through the end of the 2024 season.
Perez joined Red Bull for 2021 on a one-year deal, after a prolonged stay with Force India/Racing Point, and was kept on for the 2022 season.
On Tuesday it was announced that Perez and Red Bull have agreed a two-year deal – which was signed prior to the Monaco race that the Mexican went on to win.
“For me, this has been an incredible week, winning the Monaco Grand Prix is a dream for any driver and then to follow that with announcing I will continue with the team until 2024 just makes me extremely happy,” said Perez.
“I am so proud to be a member of this team and I feel completely at home here now. We are working very well together and my relationship with Max [Verstappen], on and off the track, is definitely helping drive us forward even more.
“We have built tremendous momentum as a team and this season is showing that, I am excited to see where that can take us all in the future.”
Perez, who claimed his maiden pole position in Saudi Arabia in March, currently holds third place in the standings, 15 points behind Verstappen.
“Time and again he has proved himself to not only be a magnificent team player but as his level of comfort has grown he has become a real force to be reckoned with at the sharp end of the grid,” said Red Bull boss Christian Horner.
“This year he has taken another step and the gap to Max has closed significantly, evidenced by his superb pole position in Jeddah earlier this year and by his wonderful win in Monaco just last weekend.
“For us, holding onto his pace, race craft and experience was a no-brainer and we are delighted that Checo will continue to race for the team until 2024.
“In partnership with Max we believe we have a driver pairing that can bring us the biggest prizes in F1.”