Pierre-Louis Chovet has been signed by Campos Racing to replace Laszlo Toth at this weekend’s Formula 3 round in France.
Earlier this week, Toth returned a positive Covid-19 test, which ruled him out of the second event on the 2021 F3 calendar.
Chovet opened the F3 season with Jenzer Motorsport, before the team announced last week that he had departed the Swiss outfit, owing to a lack of funds.
“I received a call on Tuesday evening from Adrián Campos who let me know that I was on the top of the list to replace Laszlo at the French GP,” said Chovet. “I’m ready and really honoured to join Campos Racing for my ‘Home GP.’
“It’s a great opportunity in my position as you can imagine: I’m ready to work alongside the team and give everything on track! Laszlo, I wish you a quick recovery and be sure I’ll take care of your beast!”
Earlier this year, Chovet ended the Asian F3 Championship in second place, missing out on the title by 16 points to Formula 2 driver Guanyu Zhou.
Chovet made his debut in the FIA F3 series last year, contesting the rounds at Spa and Monza with Hitech, scoring a best result of sixth at the Monza Sprint Race.
“Firstly, I would like to thank László and all the people around him for their collaboration to find a solution for Le Castellet,” said Campos Racing Sports Director Adrián Campos-Suñer Torres.
“At the same time, I would like to extend a warm welcome to Pierre-Louis. It will be an exciting time together and we expect to perform well together at Paul Ricard. The season opener wasn’t exactly what we were expecting.
“This said, the championship is very closely contested and for our drivers it was their first start in the series. Just like in the FIA Formula 2 a few weeks ago, we want to reverse the situation. We feel confident that we will succeed and plenty of good results are just around the corner.”