Max Verstappen joked that at least he would be able to race “flat out there, without looking after my battery.”
The four-time World Champion confirmed that he is “working on” participating in this year’s Nurburgring 24 Hours, which would fulfil a long-held ambition.
Verstappen previously competed in races at the famed Nordschleife circuit last year, including a win at the circuit’s four-hour race last year.
It gave the Dutchman the necessary racing permit to compete in the event, due to be held on May 16-17.
Verstappen even has the luxury of being able to race in a precursor event March 21, due to the Nurburgring Endurance Series [NLS] changing its calendar to ensure there is no clashes with F1.

“I want to do it,” the Red Bull driver told media including Motorsport Week at the Bahrain International Circuit, during the first week of pre-season testing.
“It’s great, of course, from the organisers that they changed the date because if I do it, of course, I need one race in preparation, compared to guys who have been doing it for a while and have a bit more experience.
“Also, for me, doing it in a new car that I’ve not driven there at the Nordschleife, you need a race to learn the procedures.
“Even for me, doing a pit stop, doing a driver change, I normally don’t do that, so all these little things, I just want to prepare well for then potentially participating in the 24 hours.”
As to what is required for the plans to come to fruition, Verstappen said: “Details with the car, line-up, sponsors. If all that comes together, I’d be happy to participate. As soon as I know, I’ll announce it.”
After his remarks about the new F1 cars being like “Formula E on steroids,” Verstappen indicated the race would be a welcome change for him.
“Looking at it now, at least, maybe you can drive flat out there, without looking after my battery,” he joked.
READ MORE – George Russell considers ‘Netflix F1 fans’ with damning Max Verstappen dig









Discussion about this post