Honda will launch its 2026 Formula 1 power unit in Tokyo at the start of next year, in an event which it says its partnership with Aston Martin will be “kickstarted”.
The Japanese marque is making a full return to F1 next year after four years out, spending that time only providing to former customer Red Bull for its existing engines.
But from next year, it will be an OEM solely for Aston, which is ditching its longstanding partnership with Mercedes to form a new alliance, powering the first car designed by Adrian Newey.
And excitement appears to be high with the announcement of the unusual event, which will be held on January 20, commencing at 1pm local time, 4am UK time.

In its press release, Honda says the event will “share the aspirations of Honda and Aston Martin Aramco Formula One™ Team as we take on the challenge of competing in F1, the pinnacle of motorsport.
“We will also explain the new regulations and reveal our new power unit for the upcoming season.”
Speakers will include Toshihiro Mibe, President and CEO of Honda, along with Aston’s Executive Chairman Lawrence Stroll and F1’s CEO Stefano Domenicali.
Honda’s full-scale return to F1 has already been teased for fans, with an audio release of its 2026 engine that was posted on its social media channels last week.
READ MORE – Red Bull boss assesses chance of Yuki Tsunoda F1 return









Discussion about this post