Lance Stroll was visibly frustrated after his Formula 1 Dutch Grand Prix weekend took another blow, finishing last in qualifying and being knocked out in Q1 following a second incident.
The Canadian’s annoyance was clear as he abruptly cut short an interview, a difficult session following his big crash in FP2 earlier in the weekend.
Aston Martin engineers had worked intensively to fix his car following a shunt at Turn 3 in the second practice session. Heading into qualifying, with his AMR25 intact, Stroll had another off moment, this time at the entry of Turn 13 after touching a rear left wheel on the grass
Stroll spun around into the gravel and before hitting the wall and damaging his front wing. He managed to keep going and return to the pits; however, the team were unable to work wonders as his car was unrepairable.
Knocked out of Q1 for the ninth time so far this season, Stroll faced the music as he returned to the media pen, and understandably, he was not in the best of spirits.
“Nothing more to say really,” he told media including Motorsport Week. “It’s very frustrating and yeah, it sucks.”
Asked to explain what happened, he replied: “Just dipped a wheel on the grass, yeah, just [a] misjudgement.”
Stroll also explained how the tyres were “broken”, which meant he wasn’t able to return to the track. Later, reflecting on the team’s hard work to recover after Friday’s incident, Stroll admitted it was a tough day for everyone.
When asked whether it was more frustrating to crash out or miss out on a lap, Stroll admitted that crashing out was the most disheartening outcome.
“That, I mean, is the worst feeling,” he added. “I mean, I was comfortable in the car throughout all the practice sessions, FP1, all these things,” he said.
Finally, when asked if the team had unlocked something since Belgium, Stroll didn’t respond further before storming out.
READ MORE – Fernando Alonso responds to Lance Stroll’s concerns about new 2026 F1 cars
Discussion about this post