Motorsport Week
  • Formula 1
    • 2026 Formula 1 Calendar
    • 2025 Formula 1 Standings
  • Formula E
    • 2026 Formula E Calendar
    • 2025 Formula E Standings
  • IndyCar
    • 2026 IndyCar Calendar
    • 2025 IndyCar Standings
  • WRC
    • 2025 WRC Standings
    • 2026 WRC Calendar
  • MotoGP
    • 2025 MotoGP Calendar
    • 2025 MotoGP Standings
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
  • WEC
    • 2026 WEC Calendar
  • IMSA
    • 2025 IMSA Calendar
  • World SBK
  • More
    • Formula 2
    • Formula 3
    • F1 Academy
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
    • World Superbikes
    • Technical Insight
    • Galleries
    • About/Contact
    • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Formula 1
    • 2026 Formula 1 Calendar
    • 2025 Formula 1 Standings
  • Formula E
    • 2026 Formula E Calendar
    • 2025 Formula E Standings
  • IndyCar
    • 2026 IndyCar Calendar
    • 2025 IndyCar Standings
  • WRC
    • 2025 WRC Standings
    • 2026 WRC Calendar
  • MotoGP
    • 2025 MotoGP Calendar
    • 2025 MotoGP Standings
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
  • WEC
    • 2026 WEC Calendar
  • IMSA
    • 2025 IMSA Calendar
  • World SBK
  • More
    • Formula 2
    • Formula 3
    • F1 Academy
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
    • World Superbikes
    • Technical Insight
    • Galleries
    • About/Contact
    • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
Motorsport Week
Home Sportscars WEC

WEC cancels Fuji round, adds second Bahrain event

byDavey Euwema
5 years ago
A A
WEC cancels Fuji round, adds second Bahrain event
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The FIA World Endurance Championship has announced that it has decided to cancel the Six Hours of Fuji, instead replacing it with a second round in Bahrain.

The championship stated that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and resulting travel restrictions made it too difficult for teams and personnel to travel to Japan.

Instead, it has added a six-hour race at the Bahrain International Circuit on October 30, one week before the already scheduled Eight Hours of Bahrain on November 6.

It marks the first time in its history that the FIA WEC has hosted a double header event.

RelatedPosts

McLaren issues Hypercar update amid major WEC driver coup

McLaren issues Hypercar update amid major WEC driver coup

5 days ago
WRT #20 win in Spa

BMW details strategy ‘gamble’ behind breakthrough WEC 1-2

5 days ago

“Regrettably we have been left with no choice but to cancel our Japanese leg of the World Championship due to continuing difficulties with the pandemic including travel restrictions and logistical issues,” said Frederic Lequien, WEC CEO.

“We have instead decided to replace Fuji with another race in Bahrain, which we firmly believe is the safest option for everyone.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Fuji International Speedway’s President, Mr Eijiro Haraguchi, and his entire team for their excellent cooperation and we look forward to returning in the future.

“At the same time, I’d like to express our gratitude to Sheikh Salman and his team for hosting us twice this season – they always provide such a warm welcome, and I’m confident that a double-header in Bahrain is an ideal solution in the current climate.” 

The Fuji round, a home race for world championship leaders Toyota, was last held in October of 2019. It was not part of the series schedule for 2020, when it still operated a longer calendar.

Bahrain, meanwhile, steps in to fill a gap in the calendar for the second consecutive year. In 2020, the season finale was held at the Middle Eastern venue to make up for the cancellation of the 1000 Miles of Sebring earlier in the year.

“It is a great pleasure for us to be able to host two rounds of the FIA World Endurance Championship,” said Sheikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa, Chief Executive of the Bahrain International Circuit. “Over the last few months, we have demonstrated our ability to host several major international events in a safe manner and we thank WEC for showing their faith in us yet again.”

Tags: Bahraincovid19FujiWEC
Share584Tweet365Share

Related Posts

McLaren issues Hypercar update amid major WEC driver coup
WEC

McLaren issues Hypercar update amid major WEC driver coup

5 days ago
WRT #20 win in Spa
WEC

BMW details strategy ‘gamble’ behind breakthrough WEC 1-2

5 days ago
Ford confirms Max Verstappen talks for future Le Mans entry
24H Le Mans

Ford confirms Max Verstappen talks for future Le Mans entry

1 week ago
Load More

Discussion about this post

Latest News

Collet made an impressive run into the top 10 in qualifying prior to the penalty. Photo: Kevin Dejewski

Two drivers disqualified following Indy 500 qualifying

May 18, 2026
Peeling away to run laps over 232 MPH. Photo: Kevin Dejewski

Indianapolis 500 – Qualifying results

May 18, 2026
Palou improved drastically to take his second Indy 500 pole. Photo: Kevin Dejewski

Alex Palou class of the field, secures Indy 500 pole

May 18, 2026
Motorsport Week

© 2024 Motorsport Media Services Ltd

Other Links

  • About & Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Motorsport Monday

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Sign Up
  • Home
  • Formula 1
    • Latest News
    • 2025 F1 Calendar
    • 2025 F1 Championship Standings
  • Formula E
    • Latest News
    • 2025 FE Calendar
    • 2025 FE Championship Standings
  • MotoGP
    • Latest News
    • 2025 MotoGP Calendar
    • 2025 MotoGP Standings
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
    • World Superbikes
  • WRC
    • Latest News
    • 2026 WRC Calendar
    • 2025 WRC Standings
  • IndyCar
    • Latest News
    • 2026 IndyCar Calendar
    • 2025 IndyCar Standings
  • WEC
    • Latest News
    • 2026 WEC Calendar
  • Live Updates
  • Other
    • IMSA
    • Formula 2
    • Formula 3
    • F1 Academy
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
    • World Superbikes
  • Galleries
  • About/Contact
  • Privacy Policy

© 2024 Motorsport Media Services Ltd