Sauber protégé Theo Pourchaire says he is uncertain over his participation in the next round of the Formula 2 championship after fracturing his arm in Azerbaijan.
Pourchaire, last year’s Formula 3 runner-up, became Formula 2’s youngest winner – aged 17- when he triumphed in the Feature Race in Monaco.
Pourchaire finished fifth and ninth across Baku’s pair of Sprint Races but was involved in a first-lap collision with Dan Ticktum and Marcus Armstrong in the Feature Race.
Pourchaire and Armstrong both retired while Ticktum was handed a penalty for his role in the collision.
The French youngster sustained an arm injury in the collision and on Tuesday took to social media to outline his prognosis.
“I just wanted to tell you that I’m fine, yesterday as soon as the plane landed I went straight into a special clinic in Monaco,” he said.
“I have the left radius broken; it is really painful but it’s ok.
“I have my arm immobilised for four weeks from now, I will give everything to be back soon.
“I don’t know yet if I will be driving in Silverstone but I will work hard and pray to be ready.”
Formula 2’s Silverstone round is due to take place from July 16 to 18.
Pourchaire holds sixth in the standings, 23 points behind Alpine-backed title leader Guanyu Zhou.