Motorsport Week
  • Formula 1
    • 2026 Formula 1 Calendar
    • 2025 Formula 1 Standings
  • Formula E
    • 2025 Formula E Calendar
    • 2025 Formula E Standings
  • IndyCar
    • 2025 IndyCar Calendar
    • 2025 IndyCar Standings
  • WRC
    • 2025 WRC Standings
    • 2025 WRC Calendar
  • MotoGP
    • 2025 MotoGP Calendar
    • 2025 MotoGP Standings
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
  • WEC
    • 2025 WEC Calendar
  • IMSA
    • 2025 IMSA Calendar
  • World SBK
  • More
    • Formula 2
    • Formula 3
    • F1 Academy
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
    • World Superbikes
    • Technical Insight
    • Galleries
    • About/Contact
    • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Formula 1
    • 2026 Formula 1 Calendar
    • 2025 Formula 1 Standings
  • Formula E
    • 2025 Formula E Calendar
    • 2025 Formula E Standings
  • IndyCar
    • 2025 IndyCar Calendar
    • 2025 IndyCar Standings
  • WRC
    • 2025 WRC Standings
    • 2025 WRC Calendar
  • MotoGP
    • 2025 MotoGP Calendar
    • 2025 MotoGP Standings
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
  • WEC
    • 2025 WEC Calendar
  • IMSA
    • 2025 IMSA Calendar
  • World SBK
  • More
    • Formula 2
    • Formula 3
    • F1 Academy
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
    • World Superbikes
    • Technical Insight
    • Galleries
    • About/Contact
    • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
Motorsport Week

Sergio Perez wants new Force India deal after summer break

by
9 years ago
A A
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Sergio Perez says he wants his Formula 1 future secured after the summer break with a new Force India contract, as the Mexican's current deal is set to expire at the end of the season.

Perez joined the Silverstone-based team in 2014 on a three-year deal with a one-year option, which he and the team chose to take up last year. But with that deal coming to an end, the 27-year-old is keen to ensure his future at the team is secured as soon as possible.

"In terms of my future, I just hope that once I come back to the next race, after the summer break, I can have a new contract," said Perez. "That would be good you know, but you never know what will happen."

Perez says the team's constant improvement year-on-year, as well as interest from sponsors, makes it an attractive seat to hold, but is realistic that making the next step will be a tough ask for a team such as Force India, given their budget in comparison to Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes.

RelatedPosts

Lewis Hamilton cut a smiling and relaxed figure on Wednesday afternoon in Bahrain

Lewis Hamilton reveals crucial element to new Ferrari – ‘my DNA is within it’

53 minutes ago
Charles Leclerc was quickest on the opening morning of the second week

RESULTS: Charles Leclerc fastest in morning on opening day of Bahrain Week 2

1 hour ago

"I think the team has been moving forwards every year," he added. "Although last year we achieved the same position which we have now which is fourth, I think we have consolidated that fourth place.

"There is a lot more interest in terms of sponsorship into the team, more investment but it's not easy to make the next step with the big boys, with the big teams, it's not easy."

Share202Tweet126Share

Related Posts

Lewis Hamilton cut a smiling and relaxed figure on Wednesday afternoon in Bahrain
Formula 1

Lewis Hamilton reveals crucial element to new Ferrari – ‘my DNA is within it’

53 minutes ago
Charles Leclerc was quickest on the opening morning of the second week
Formula 1

RESULTS: Charles Leclerc fastest in morning on opening day of Bahrain Week 2

1 hour ago
Oscar Piastri has put to bed rumours that McLaren sabotaged his 2025 season
Formula 1

Oscar Piastri clears the air on McLaren’s alleged 2025 F1 ‘sabotage’

3 hours ago
Load More

Discussion about this post

Latest News

Lewis Hamilton cut a smiling and relaxed figure on Wednesday afternoon in Bahrain

Lewis Hamilton reveals crucial element to new Ferrari – ‘my DNA is within it’

February 18, 2026
Charles Leclerc was quickest on the opening morning of the second week

RESULTS: Charles Leclerc fastest in morning on opening day of Bahrain Week 2

February 18, 2026
Oscar Piastri has put to bed rumours that McLaren sabotaged his 2025 season

Oscar Piastri clears the air on McLaren’s alleged 2025 F1 ‘sabotage’

February 18, 2026
Motorsport Week

© 2024 Motorsport Media Services Ltd

Other Links

  • About & Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Motorsport Monday

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Sign Up
  • Home
  • Formula 1
    • Latest News
    • 2025 F1 Calendar
    • 2025 F1 Championship Standings
  • Formula E
    • Latest News
    • 2025 FE Calendar
    • 2025 FE Championship Standings
  • MotoGP
    • Latest News
    • 2025 MotoGP Calendar
    • 2025 MotoGP Standings
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
    • World Superbikes
  • WRC
    • Latest News
    • 2025 WRC Calendar
    • 2025 WRC Standings
  • IndyCar
    • Latest News
    • 2025 IndyCar Calendar
    • 2025 IndyCar Standings
  • WEC
    • Latest News
    • 2025 WEC Calendar
  • Live Updates
  • Other
    • IMSA
    • Formula 2
    • Formula 3
    • F1 Academy
    • Moto2
    • Moto3
    • World Superbikes
  • Galleries
  • About/Contact
  • Privacy Policy

© 2024 Motorsport Media Services Ltd